Hours: 12-6pm Monday-Thursday and 12-5pm Friday, weeks 2-10 of each quarter during the academic year. Closed on university holidays.
Phone: 650-SAFE-SEX (650-723-3739)
Email: To contact anyone in the group by email, send an email to the co-directors, Elisabeth and Mara, at SHPRCDirectors@gmail.com and it will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
- Co-Directors: Mara Chin Loy & Elisabeth Dee
- EDUC 193S TAs: Jessica Hernandez and Winston Chen
- Events and Continuing Education Manager: Gia Colgan
- Office Manager: Kleo Greenwood
- Outreach Managers: Ingrid Jernudd and Brian Kaplun
- Publicity Managers: Jackie Tran and Roxy Reaves
Sexual Health Peer Resource Center
Vaden Health Center
866 Campus Drive
Stanford, CA 94305-8580
Website: Please direct questions or concerns to SHPRCDirectors@gmail.com.
Counseling at the SHPRC is a fun and meaningful way to give back to the Stanford community! Working as a peer counselor at our center, you’ll have many opportunities for leadership and personal development. If you do not have time to become a counselor but want to learn more about the SHPRC, we would love to do an outreach for your student group or give you a tour of our space.
- All counselors must take the Stanford course EDUC 193S: Peer Counseling on Comprehensive Sexual Health prior to their first quarter of counseling. This interesting and informative one unit course is offered all three quarters from 7-9 on Tuesdays.
- Prior to or during their first quarter of counseling, each counselor must take EDUC 193A: Listen Up! Core Peer Counseling Skills, a two unit course offered three times a year.
- All active counselors have at least one hour long shift each week.
- Each counselor is also responsible for completing one outreach workshop and one tabling event during the quarter. This can range from planning a talk for a dorm or student group, to tabling in White Plaza or at Exotic Erotic. Check out our Outreach page for more info!
- In addition to counseling, especially dedicated students have the opportunity to join our Core Staff. We have a variety of positions available including Co-Director, Financial Officer, Outreach Coordinator, Teaching Assistant for EDUC 193S, Frosh Intern, and more.
- Applications for these positions are distributed to all students eligible to counsel at the beginning of Spring quarter. For more information, please contact the co-directors at SHPRCDirectors@gmail.com